Author: Shelley Hong Date Posted:22 March 2017
Apple Slice Recipe (the Famous 5-ingredient one)
So – here’s our most requested Apple Slice Recipe. Enjoy!
This Apple Slice uses only 5 ingredients, it’s really easy to make (and even easier to eat)!
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and diced (1cm)
- 125g butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- Toss apples with self raising flour and sugar in a medium mixing bowl.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan on the stovetop or in a small bowl in the microwave. Stir in egg.
- Pour butter and egg into the apple mixture and mix until combined.
- Spoon into a greased and lined slice tin.
- Bake at 180 C for 35 to 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Keeps for about 3 days.
Feel free to tweak the recipe to suit your taste. Some readers have added a bit of milk to the mixture for a more cake-y, less crumbly texture. Have fun!
When this was shared on our Facebook page, it became an instant hit.
And some readers have shared their results:
Have you made yours yet? Send me a photo of your version