Who Else Wants A New
Mannequin for dressmaking
Anywhere In Australia
At Budget Price?
"Here's How You Can Have
The BEST tailor-made wardrobe
Without paying an Expensive Tailor for it..."
Size Medium (Dress Size 16 - 22) Bust: 39'' - 47" or 100 cm - 116 cm Waist: 29" - 37" or 74 cm - 94 cm Hips: 40" - 48" or 102 cm - 122 cm
Torso Length (Adjustable)
Nape to Waist: 39 cm - 44 cm
Imagine if you could.......
.... whip up everything
you've even fallen in love with - in those sewing books, magazines and blogs
- on Your Very Own Dressmaker's Mannequin, Done in Your Spare Time, and all in the Comfort of Your Own Home!
What would it be like to have your own body double and NEVER have poorly fitted clothes or alterations piling up
, Ever Again?
What if making or altering EVERYTHING - like vintage finds, dresses, skirts, jackets, shirts... even wedding gowns or evening wear
- on Your Own was easier than you think?
Congratulations on your decision to shop around for a new dressmaking model... Your sewing adventure is about to get even better!
"I love this dress form.
Have always wanted one and here at age 70, finally got one (and I bought the best one there is).
The first thing I did was dress her and she looks beautiful! Pretty soon, I will be sewing just for her.... and my grand daughters.
Now I need one that can wear pants....."
- Jayne, a Happy Customer
Often the hard part is to come up with exactly the right tool, for the right job, at the right price.
Formally trained as a Fashion / Textile Designer - I have spent 10 years teaching others and sharing the joy of sewing.
The Substantial Saving of Time and Money that I have witnessed my students achieve - time and time again - by altering or making their own clothes is simply amazing...!
There is no doubt that in order to create beautiful garments, you need to practice..... But the first step in becoming an accomplished dressmaker or fashion designer is having the right tools.
The Secret Weapon Of Creating Yourself an Awesome Wardrobe is
Having Your Very Own Mannequin for Dressmaking!
And you're probably already finding out..... Why buying ready-made clothes is such a PAIN...
Because EVERYONE has a different shape and figure.... and your taste is unique, so...... .... Why should you put up with looking and dressing like EVERYBODY else ??!!!
- You can't find ANYTHING in nice fabrics
- EVERYTHING start to look the same
- NOTHING fits you properly
So, How Does a Dress Form Help?
A dress form will make garment making and alterations easier, more satisfying and more rewarding than you ever thought possible.
It's the only sure way of achieving a really professional look
and a bespoke fit
to garments, whether you're making clothes for yourself or someone else.
When the dress form has been assembled and adjusted to specific measurements it becomes a replica of you
(or your friend, or family member... whomever the dress was for).
And that's why tricky tasks like pattern fitting, fabric pinning, tacking, setting in of sleeves and darts, and many more tricks of the trade can be carried out on the mannequin, avoiding the irritation (not to mention the waste of time) of constantly trying the garment on, and taking it off, and back on again... Hey, making your own clothes is supposed to be FUN, remember?
Meet your very own Mannequin for Dressmaking.... Her name is Lady Valet.
("Nice to meet you..!" she says)
Sometimes known as dress form
, even dressmaker's dummy
(awwww... we KNOW she's not dumb, even if she doesn't have a head)........
....... Lady Valet might just be the dressmaking buddy you need!!
An ideal sewing companion, Lady Valet is a fully adjustable dress form
..... and she can help you with:
- pattern adjustments before cutting,
- better fittings and alterations, and
- an opportunity to learn draping - just like they do in a real couture in Paris or Milan!!!
Lady Valet has some nifty tricks to help YOU.....
"I purchased this dress form for my budding fashion designer daughter. She wanted the real thing and she got it!
I had considered a more solid, non-adjustable industrial version but for her purposes (basic draping, beginner pattern-making of her own designs) this adjustable style was perfect.
The assembly took only a few minutes. I was very pleased with the quality of the torso and the wooden base, given it is only a light-weight mannequin for domestic dressmaking.
The dress form is sturdy enough, height and size adjustable, and easy to pin to. My daughter was thrilled!
Of course if she grows out of this phase (which is highly unlikely), the dress form will serve as a stylish room accessory to display scarves and clothes.... oh I don't think she will stop shopping, even if she knows how to design and make her own clothes!"
- Lauren, a Happy Mum
Become the fashion designer you've always wanted to be. Check out.... Lady Valet provides plenty of precise adjustments at greater accuracy, that's why she is chosen by so many professional dressmakers.
Her twelve (12) dials make it easy to change the dimensions of the body, including settings at the neck for smooth collars and necklines. Her 8 piece body allows for even distribution of measurements, for a realistic and flattering fit. The height also adjusts, and a hem gauge comes included to mark the hemline for skirts and dresses. Lady Valet's fabric cover makes it possible to pin fabric and pattern pieces onto the form, so you can always check to make sure you get a perfect fit! Did you know that her waistline can be lengthened when a longer back measurement is required...? Just another secret for advance dressmaking! Her neck is also fully adjustable with an auto-set system and a BONUS useful pin cushion too!!! The lady has strength - made from a strong, light plastic material, covered in nylon foam-backed fabric so she can also take pins!
Standing tall and proud with a stable wooden stand - she will be there for you whenever you need her... Lady Valet is available in 2 sizes (you're looking at a Size Medium in this listing) - covering anywhere between a Size 16 - 22... from petite to va-va-voom! Her full shoulders are life-like and essential for a better hang to sleeves - which beats trying on half-finished garments with pinned-on sleeves (ouch)....!! The best looking adjustable dress form in the market, Lady Valet is Craftsman-made with vintage charm! She's your personal dresser.... prepare a complete outfit and accessories for the day / night ahead, so you don't need to rush with decision last minute! A pleasure to have at your interior - Lady Valet gives instant ambience and turns an otherwise bland room into your very own creative space! She's more than just pretty - why not let her be the guardian of your favourite outfit and keep it in shape and on display for all to admire?
Note: Image shown for demonstration, inspiration and suggested usage only.
Yes, Lady Valet comes from UK...
Do I Really Need a Dressmaker's Dummy...?
...just like our lovely Lady Kate :-) Unlike many other cheaper dress forms
(mainly made in China), you will find ours MUCH better made
That's because the manufacturer, The Adjustoform (A. E. Arthur Group), is the largest and longest established worldwide manufacturer
of adjustable mannequins for dressmaking.... talk about being a specialist!
At the factory in Ashford Kent, England, adjustable dress forms are manufactured using the care and skills of over 40 years experience
to offer customers adjustable dressmaking models of the highest quality
, in a wide choice of designs, to suit every need.
More to the point: Can you really do without one....?
If you're interested in designing and making your own fabulous outfits, a career in fashion / costume design, an income from dressmaking or alterations, or simply need to whip up a batch of bridesmaids dresses for a wedding (whether it is you own or for someone dear to you)..... you'll need a dress form.
A dressmaker's model is invaluable in garment making.... .....whether you sew for yourself or others .....whether you are a beginner or a professional dressmaker .....you will become quite attached to your new sewing assistant!
Think about what you can do with your own adjustable mannequin....
- Check the drape of fabric. Is your fabric suitable for the pattern you have selected?
- Style an outfit by draping co-ordinating fabrics together, to see how they would look for, say, a jacket and blouse.
- Fit a tissue pattern straight from the pack, or one that you've drafted yourself
- Check the placement of darts, pockets and buttonholes.... do they look right where they are? Be sure... because once they are there, you can't really un-do them!
- Establish the position of collars and lapels. This alone will make a difference in whether your garment looks professional or amateurish.... and you know which one you want to be!
- Position lace, trims, ribbons and appliquÃ©s on garments. Embellishments should NOT take over.. they need to be just right.
- Check or plan the placement for machine embroidery designs. Nothing worse than a badly placed motif or logo!
- Pin sleeves in position, based on your shoulder length. Tack in place, then machine stitch. Easy!
- Check the placement of shoulder pads. Old tailors do it for that tailor-made look. Now you can too.
- Check the ease and hang of a lining. You don't want to get caught with linings too tight or too loose!
- Fit and hang wedding gowns as you sew.... and same goes for formals and bridesmaids dresses too.
- Pick out your completed outfit for work or play the night before, so getting ready to head out the door is totally stress-free (and you will never be late again because you won't have to decide what to wear last minute)...!
So the question is: Can YOU Really Do Without a Dress Form??
Scroll Up and Grab Yours NOW....!
You're looking at a
Lady Valet Size Medium Her size range measures:
Size Medium (Dress Size 16 - 22)
Bust: 39'' - 47" or 100 cm - 116 cm
Waist: 29" - 37" or 74 cm - 94 cm
Hips: 40" - 48" or 102 cm - 122 cm
Please double check your own body measurement, instead of just going by "dress size". Because sizing differs from brand to brand and you want to make sure the mannequin you order is the correct one!
"I bought this for my wife who has been sewing all her life.
We assembled it in about 5 minutes with no problem.
My wife finds setting the adjustments easy, and done so that the form was exactly her size. Now all her clothes fit her perfectly!
I'm sure the form could be heavier and more padded.
However, for the money, this dress form is a real bargain."
- Steve, a Happy Husband
So, How Do I Make Adjustments on the Mannequin?
Before you begin to adjust the dressmaker's model to specific measurements, expand the body by loosening all the adjusters evenly, in small increments at a time.
We suggest you make the adjustments, working from the hip level upwards.
This will release any tension on the body and will make subsequent adjustments smoother.
It will also help you to familiarise yourself with the operation of the adjusters (i.e. dials or wheels)... these are for adjusting the measurements at bust, waist and hips.
Get to know your dress form
... so you can make her look like you! Adjustments are made by turning the wheels....
- downwards to increase the size and
- upwards to reduce the size.
Ok... How Do I Take My Own Measurements in the first place?
After making each adjustment always use a tape measure to ensure the measurements are accurate.
Let's face it... we ALL know that a professional looking garment which flatters your figures
can also enhance the image you present to the rest of the world, and how you FEEL about yourself. When you're wearing something that fits YOU beautifully, you KNOW that you're worth the extra effort of only wearing outfits of a proper fit and constructed carefully.
To make sure you can achieve this, an accurate set of body measurements is essential
, so that you can adjust your new dress form to as close a copy of your body as possible. Ask someone to help you
in checking and recording your basic body measurements. When measuring, pull the tape snugly, but not too tightly, around the fullest part of the area being measured.
Take the measurements listed below and note them on the diagram. Include your required length for trousers/pants if your model includes a trouser/pants making option. Before making any specific adjustments
(Fig 1), adjust the height of the model to ensure that the shoulders are exactly level with your own shoulder height (this is where help from a friend is particularly important). Now, take some measurements of yourself (with a friend's help)
Wearing only your usual underwear when you do this.... These are the essential measurements:
- Back Waist Length Measure from the nape at the base of the neck down to the natural waistline
- Bust Measure straight across widest part of back, under arms and across fullest part of bust
- Waist Measure around natural waistline
- Hips Measure around fullest part - usually 17.7cm - 22.8cm (or 7" - 9") below waist. Make a note of the distance between waist and hips.
These are measurements you will probably need:
Select skirt or pants pattern size according to hip measurement.
(Because any necessary waist adjustment is relatively simple)
Other useful measurements you are likely to need in garment making:
- Neck Measure around fullest part of neck
- Skirt length Measure from floor (wearing shoes with appropriate height heel) to your required skirt length.
- Pants length This is a personal choice. Decide on Capri, ankle or boot leg style, and measure accordingly.
What if I'm... umm, bigger in some areas...? Easy, pad her up where you need to :-)
- Sleeve Length
- Shoulder Width
- Shoulder to Elbow
- Inside Pants Leg
- Outside Pants Leg
Your new dress model has been designed to accommodate as many and varied adjustment needs as possible. However, there will be occasions when the model has been adjusted, but additional padding is required in order to achieve the accurate measurement in a specific area.
For Example - where bust and waist have been adjusted to the correct size, but the hip area needs to be adjusted beyond the capability of the hip adjusters, or, one hip is higher than the other. There is a simple solution to this, and with the use of padding, you can achieve the required measurement so your dressmaker's dummy has YOUR exact shape and measurements!
Here's a list of other ideas to try: Hips and Bust -
For a REALLY accurate bust line & measurement, fit your own comfortable bra onto the mannequin and use padding to fill out the cups.
Use measuring tape, and add padding, until correct measurement and shape is achieved.
Use polyester batting, cotton wool, or foam to pad out certain areas. (See Fig 2 above). Then cover areas with a thin bias cut fabric and pin or tape in place. Shoulders -
If one shoulder is lower than the other, layer strips of polyester batting over shoulder area to build it up. Waist -
Use thin strips of foam, distributed evenly round the waist. Build up thickness until correct measurement is achieved. Filling in the Gaps -
If you have made widening adjustments to the model, attach a strip of wide tape or ribbon to fill in the open areas. Cover -
If you wish, you could make a stretch cover for your dress form to hide any padding you have added. Or, simply put a skivvy on her!
There you have it.... Now it's your turn to have a go!
Be Kind to Yourself when you're trying something new... and..... Be Proud Of Your Achievements and Celebrate each and every small wins!!
Order Yours Today and you can enjoy:
- Making garments with ease by having your own body-double wearing it!
- Adjustable to various dress sizes, so you can make clothes to fit all your friends!
- Your very own "bespoke" experience simply by adjust the mannequin to have the correct measurement just like YOU
- Designed to fit shirts, tops, dresses and jackets - your wardrobe is pretty much covered!
- Adjustable pole for the correct height, so you KNOW how the finished length looks on YOU
- Longer pole to accommodate if you're taller... this makes working on wedding dresses & gowns possible!
- 12 rotating dial wheels at bust, waist and hips for a tailor fit - looking fabulous has never been so easy!
- Adjustments can be made in precise increments - to accurately reflect the REAL you
- Foam-backed nylon cover for easy pinning and marking - working on your masterpiece is a breeze!
- Adjustable neck with pin cushion, so you can be really creative with getting the collar to fit just right.
- Pin hem marker for accurate marking - no more wonky hems!
- Even the torso length is adjustable, because some of us have longer torsos, while some are "short-waisted". Finally.... clothes that fit properly!
What else could you do with your Adjustable Mannequin?
"I got back to sewing after a 7 year break (I had two kids in the meantime) and consider myself an advanced beginner.
I have never owned a dress form before, so I didn't want to spend a whole lot, not knowing how I would like dressmaking..... it turned out that I love it!
Even my husband commented how great a tool it is for checking that everything is straight and even all along the way.
I know that it can be a little wobbly, but it is also lightweight and easy to move around and store.
It is easy to adjust to your size, just take the time to keep measuring it with a tape measure to make sure it is accurate to your measurements.
I am really pleased with my purchase. The price was great and I know I am going to get a lot of use out of it."
- Tessa, a Happy Customer
- A handy coat / hat stand in your hall way: convenient for keeping your favourite jacket in shape, and a unique way to greet your guest!
- An unique opportunity to show off your very own creation: she makes an excellent super (adjustable) model!
- Best conversational piece and versatile prop... create instant ambience in your home or work space!
- Fun to dress for display.... pose her in unexpected places to show off your collection!
- Adds instant atmosphere for your interior, special occasion or retail space.
Note: Image shown for demonstration, inspiration and suggested usage only.
Items in above photo NOT available for sale.
"I've always wanted a dress form ever since I took up sewing, but most ones were really expensive so i was very happy to find this one and it's adjustable too!
But don't go thinking that just because its cheap in price its cheap in quality, because I don't think so. It gets the job done and its easy to adjust. It's also padded so I can pin the fabric on it.
I really like how I can make dresses to fit me just perfectly and I don't have to try it on numerous times nor have my boyfriend help pin it for me!
I would recommend this to anyone interested in sewing... its really useful to have around and will save you lots of hassle."
- Sienna, a Happy Customer
When you try to do dressmaking or alteration WITHOUT a dress form
to work with, you will find:
- A seemingly simple project takes forever to complete.... because you keep on putting it on (to check the fit), taking it off (to work on it). Not fun.....
- You end up unpicking a finished garment because you're just NOT happy with how it fits on you... and you have to start from scratch all over again. NOOOOO!!!!!
- Worse of all, it's very likely that you could run out of fabric, or patience, or BOTH!
So, What's a Budding Seamstress to Do? Treat yourself to an Adjustable Dressmaker's Mannequin and Experience the Difference...! In a few short days your parcel will arrive....
and when you open it up you'll find your new Mannequin for Dressmaking safely tucked inside.
Simply follow the instruction for some basic assembly (you don't need any extra tools. Easy!) and she will be standing in front of you. That means you'll instantly have a loyal sewing companion - for whatever creative idea you have in mind!
Sounds Good? Simply Scroll up to Order one NOW &
Get The Perfect Fit For Your Next Outfit!
"I purchased this for my 16 year old daughter who loves to sew.
She started making a few outfits for her friends and herself and needed a Dress Form to help with the waist and bust sizing.... because everyone's different.
Out of the box this is a neat little item to have in your sewing room. It is perfect for beginners and the adjustable forms makes it easy to design for several different sizes.
She uses it all the time and loves that it is adjustable and makes her sewing life so much easier. "
- Catherine, a Happy Mum
And what's more.... the money you invest in this amazing and essential pack is nothing to what you could receive back...
This is a fantasticopportunity to become the fashionista you know you are...
and be able to churn out an endless supply of fabulous outfits for yourself and your friends to wear..... and be admired by all!
Why Wait?.. Simply Scroll Up And Buy Yours Now!
But remember... this Adjustable Dress Form is NOT suitable for someone who:
This Dressmaker's Mannequin is ideal for:
- Want a solid, NON-ADJUSTABLE industrial grade mannequin.
- Isn't prepared to put in the time to learn how to do dressmaking & alteration.
- Doesn't think having a perfectly fitted wardrobe is that important.
- Simply prefers to buy ready-made clothes from the shops.
- Beginners who want to learn how to master dressmaking and alteration,
- Parents who are planning to make gowns for their daughters' formal or wedding,
- Experienced sewing experts wishing to have a handy, multi-sized dress form handy,
- Teaching facilities,
- Dressmaking / tailoring professionals,
- Interior Designers / Stylists,
- Textiles artists,
- Boutique owners,
- Visual merchandisers,
- and other creative individuals.....
If any of these sounds like you.... we're ready to take your order for your very own Adjustable Mannequin for Dressmaking, delivered anywhere in Australia!
Keen To Get Your Hands on your very own Mannequin?
I'm so sure that you are going to love your new Adjustable Dress Form, that I am willing to completely guarantee it...
so you'll be able to try it out for yourself and see first hand how much of a difference it makes absolutely risk free!
I will tell you more about the guarantee in a moment..
But first, as a special thank you for buying from us, you will receive the following super bonuses:
Super Bonus Number 1
Plus, with our money back guarantee you really have nothing to lose. Check it out.......
- Be Kept in the Loop for Any Specials and Limited Offers
From time to time we come across great products and share specials deals exclusively with our valued customers. By purchasing from us you are automatically a part of our community. Enjoy! Super Bonus Number 2
- Valued at $275, Yours FREE! 5 Personal emails to me (Shelley)
- Gain great advice from your online fashion design, quilting and sewing craft expert.
Ask me your most burning questions for anything to do with how to use your mannequin, sewing, pattern making and fabric / colour selection.
What better opportunity than being able to communicate one on one with someone qualified to give you the right advice? This alone makes this an outstanding offer unique anywhere!
Super Bonus Number 3
- A Full 60 Day Money Back Guarantee, Eliminates Any Risk To You!
If there's any reason you're not thrilled with your new dress form when it arrives then simply let me know and I'll make arrangements for it to be returned and organise a prompt refund.
Keep reading below to find out more about the warranty I am providing you as my customer.......
Grab yours now and you can experience:
This item comes with our No-Nonsense, 60-Day 100% Money Back Guarantee!
In the unlikely event when the item doesn't meet your expectation, be sure to contact us within sixty (60) days.
We want you to have plenty of time to feel absolutely certain that you have what you've paid for!
If you're not 100% happy simply let us know and return the item in original condition and packaging, including ALL accessories.
We will send you a full refund (excluding postage) promptly and courteously - No Questions Asked.
That means No Risk to You whatsoever!
- Smooth, enjoyable dressmaking & alteration...... Absolutely Stress-Free!
- Get your outfits Done On Time, with PERFECT fit, for that special occasion (instead of rushing around to try and buy one): whether it be a night-out, school formal, or wedding (as a guest, bridesmaid, or bride)!
- Save bucket loads of Money - so you can go shoe or handbag shopping (YAY)!
- A sense of achievement, because you've made something from start to finish.
- No more piles of unfinished clothes you don't want to wear - instead, you will be parading around town with your very own creation for all to admire!!
- Professional fit & finish to everything you've made - your friends will be dying to know your secrets.....
BUT.... Make Sure You Act Quickly. We Have Only A Few In Stock.
Be Sure To Get Yours Now While Stocks Last!
Simply Click The Add To Cart Button To Get Yours Now!
Remember when you shop with us, all your purchases come with our 60 Day No Nonsense Money Back Guarantee... No Questions Asked!
Not 7 days, not 14 days, or even 30 days... You have TWO WHOLE MONTHS to be 100% sure you are happy with your purchase!
So you've got nothing to lose from buying right away. P.P.S.
Act now to take advantage of our FREE BONUS
of five personal emails to me (Shelley) for technical advice or anything sewing related. Hurry! Don't miss out...