EvenFeed Walking Foot with Quilting Guide (Suits Low Shank 7mm machines)
Ready to try Machine Quilting for the First Time?
But Feeling Nervous about doing it yourself?
Find out How other quilters do it...
If you're looking at this Walking Foot, chances are...
- You're learning to make patchwork quilts, and you need one for class.
- You've made a few quilt tops already, and you're ready to start quilting.
- You normally get your machine quilting done, but would like to have a go yourself.
Feeling nervous because you've never done machine quilting before?
Don't be. Because you're not alone...
It seems like a lot of money but if you want stress free sewing then it's a MUST have! "
- Katie, a Happy Customer
What if machine quilting on a domestic sewing machine was easier than you think?
Often the hard part is to come up with exactly the right tool, for the right job, at the right price. Of course, there is no doubt that in order to create beautiful quilts, you need to practice.....
But the first step in becoming an accomplished machine quilter is having the right tools.
The Secret Weapon of Successful Machine Quilting is an Even Feed Walking Foot (this one comes with a Quilting Guide).
This foot simply screws on - in the same way you would with a darning foot!
Fits MOST Janome models with LOW shank (7mm) computerised machines, such as DC2150.
Also referred to as "Even Feed" foot, and sometimes called "Dual Feed", because it provides an extra set of "teeth" that grips your fabric from the top in the same way the teeth of your feed dog grips the bottom.
Housed in a durable Grade A plastic casing, this Walking Foot has ALL metal internals for durability, and light weight plastic 'teeth' gentle enough to protect your most delicate fabrics!
This Generic Walking Foot is the perfect partner for your 7mm Janome Sewing Machine with Low Shank, such as a Janome DC2150 (which we also sell. See our other listings).
Designed to fit most Janome, Elna, Brother, Singer, plus other brands with Low Shank, it will fit machines with 7mm maximum stitch width (but NOT for 5mm or 9mm machines).
Equivalent to Janome Part numer 200-311-003
Fits 7mm Janome Low Shank models:
2160DC, 3160QDC, 4120QDC, 6260QC, CS995, 19110, DC2101, DC2050, DC2150, DC2200, DC3018, DC3050, DC3100, DC4030, DC6030, DC6050, DC6100, DM7200, DC7100, DC7060, MS5027LE, MW3018LE (MyExcel 18W), 4618, 4618QC, 5018, 5024, 5027, 5124, 6019QC, 6125QC, 6260QC, 652, 653, 654, 655, 655R (150), 659, MC3000, MC3500, MC4000, MC4800, MC4800QC, MC4900QC, MC5200, MC5500, MC5900QC, MC6000, MC6500P, ME4014, ME4015, ME4018, ME4123, Memory 7 (5001), MS2028, MS2522, MX3123, SD2014, SR2000, SS2015, SW2018, plus More.
Most Likely - Get One to Try it on Now.
Is this a Genuine Janome Foot?
Unlike some others in the market, this foot is made by the same people that makes Janome sewing machine parts. At the same factory where Janome gets their parts made and packaged - located only a few minutes down the road from Janome's own factory.
This company is a third-generation family business that specialises in presser feet and parts. They are one of the few certified makers for Janome, Brother, Singer, Pfaff and others. If Janome and other brands can trust them - you can trust the quality too.
I've personally visited the factory to verify for myself. I was genuinely impressed because of their a high quality assurance standard - specified by Janome Japan - the parent company of Janome Australia.
The only difference is in the packaging. I'm calling mine "generic" because we had ours packaged under our own brand.
This means I'm 100% happy and confident that you and your sewing machine are in safe hands - because I recommend this foot to all my students, and use it for my own sewing too!
So do our happy customers - here's just one of many reviews:
Just want to say a Huge belated 'Thank You'.... I waited to try your foot first... because I previously bought a 'cheap' (very cheap) foot a few weeks ago elsewhere... and it broke after a few uses.
Your foot feels solid and seems much better quality...and works a lot smoother...and you posted it out so fast I got my project finished quickly....so Thank You!!"
- Niamh from Mortdale, New South Wales 2223
What does "Low Shank" and "High Shank" mean?
It means "shank height" or "shank size".
Most domestic machines have LOW shanks.
Just to give you an idea, we sell about 10 low shank presser feet to ONE high shank foot. That means if you don't know what sort of shank your machine has, it probably has a low shank.
Because High Shank machines are generally "fancy" embroidery models which are more costly, and those who invest in these models tend to know exactly what shank type it is.
Why Do I Need a Walking Foot, anyway?
A walking foot is design specifically for sewing multiple layers of fabric together... that's what you want when you do Machine Quilting.
Often called a "sandwich", the quilt you're making consist of THREE layers: Quilt Top, Batting and Backing. And sewing through all those layers can be tricky......
When you try to do machine quilting WITHOUT a walking foot, you will find:
- The layers will shift away from each other as you sew along.
- You get puckers form on the backside of your quilt
- Worse of all, it's very likely that you will "run out of Backing" as a result of the puckering!
Because your machine's feed dog only feeds the bottom layer of fabric (that's your Backing).
Which means the other layers (Quilt Top & Batting) are simply sliding along as they pass under the presser foot.
This causes the layers to shift..... and that's where your problem begins.
So, What's a Quilter to Do?
And Experience The Difference For Yourself...!
What this walking foot does is hold your quilt layers together as you stitch. It grips the top layer of fabric, while your machine grips the bottom layer.
Together, they move the layers through your machine at an even rate.
You will end up with pucker-free, neat, straight line machine quilting.... No More Unpicking!
Also, layers of fabric stay put, and don't slide as you sew. I also used it on an applique project I am working on.... This foot is a MUST!"
- M.K. a Happy Quilter
What else is it good for?
- Try machine sewing when attaching Binding to your quilt...!!! Your Walking Foot will keep all the layers together.
- Love the look of Mitre Corners on your Border but hate sewing on the bias grain? Try it with the Walking Foot for a super smooth finish.
- It is also a handy tool to have when you sew together the multi-layers of a "rag" or "slash" quilt and when you work with heavy fabrics such as denim
- Here's an idea: turn those old jeans into a Throw in a weekend...!
- N.J.C. Happy New Quilter
Does it help with things other than Quilting?
- Your walking foot is also perfect for sewing silky or slippery fabrics... you gain precise control with NO stress!
- For sewing checks / plaids when matching pattern on the fabric is essential, you can whip things up knowing the patterns will stay as you've cut & placed them!
- If you do a bit of "retro" or vintage reproduction work that requires sewing on the bias grain, you will get a much smoother result with the additional stability provided by the walking foot.
- Even on textured (or 'napped') specialty fabrics such as velveteen, corduroy and fur / leather..... you will get a professional finish!
- You will find it especially helpful when working on large projects for you home, such as curtains, loose covers and large cushions that require long seams.
- Love to make your own jeans or streetwear? This foot is also great for topstitching (the decorative stitching normally done in contrast colour over side seams on your jeans) giving consistent stitches every time, no matter how bulky the seams may be.
The response for discovering the walking foot has been phenomenal.
Here is what other people are saying about it:
- J.P. a Mother of two
- C. Bryne, a Happy Customer
Want to Know Who We Are
Click Here to Learn More About Us...
This Walking Foot is NOT for you if:
- Your machine does NOT have Low Shank.
- You are not prepared to screw this foot on and off.
- You have a 9mm machine with High shank.
Grab yours now and you can experience:
- Handle multiple layers of fabric - Done Quickly & Easily.
Time and Get your project done - already!
- Do it Right in the first place - so you can Avoid Unpicking :-)
- A sense of achievement, because you've solved your own problem.
- No more frustration - just you and your sewing machine enjoying a stress-free time!
- Be proud and tell everyone: "I made this!"
So the Only Question is:
Should you get just ONE for yourself,
or Grab a Second one for a friend?
Simply Click The Add To Cart Button To Get Yours Now!
We know sewing. But you know best.
Sometimes things don't work out according to plan. Not to worry - we have a 60 Day Money Back Guarantee to support you.
Your No-Nonsense 60 Day
100% Money Back Guarantee*
In the unlikely event when the item doesn't meet your expectation, be sure to contact us within sixty (60) days.
The benefits under this Guarantee are in addition to other rights and remedies under a law in relation to the product you have purchased.
We want you to have a plenty of time to feel absolutely certain that you have what you've paid for!
If you're not 100% happy simply let us know and return the item in original condition and packaging.
We'll send you a full refund (excluding postage) promptly and courteously - No Questions Asked.
So you can be sure you'll be happy with your purchases!
*Looking for the fine print? Check our terms and conditions for details.
Very good valueBy: Heather from WA on 12 August 2014
I teach quilting and strongly recommend a walking foot as an essential item, some say they wont need one as they are a rather expensive item. But after battling to get every layer to stay in place, and then borrowing one, they decide that these are an essential item, and with the reasonable price charged by Sew much easier, it is not so hard to get one. So this one that arrived today is for one of my students (this one has no internet) the 3rd one purchased from you the other ladies are very happy with theirs.(5)
Can't wait for it to arrive? We will get it to you ASAP.
Prompt Shipping - Your package will be sent promptly once payment is cleared. Usually it will be dispatched the next business day.
Combined Shipping - Want to save even more? We are happy to combine shipping for multiple items in your cart... it gets worked out when you check out.
Packaging and Sending - All your items will be packed well. We do everything we can to ensure your package arrives safely. In the unlikely event something does go wrong, simply contact us and we will do our best to resolve your concers.
Packaging Materials - We support "green policies" and recycle clean packaging where possible. Sometimes brand names on packaging may not necessarily match the content.
Simply click "Add to Cart" now and complete checkout so we can get it on it's way to you.
Would you like more information on this item?
Can we clarify anything else for you at all?
Please feel free to use the form below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 88 11 59.
Your message will be responded to ASAP, usually within 24 hours during business hours, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm Australian Eastern Standard time.