Janome DC1030 Basic Computerised Sewing Machine - Best for Budget
Click to view larger images or other views or videos
Swipe for more. Tap to enlarge
Click to view larger images or other views or videos
At Last: A Reliable Computerised Machine
At Entry-Level Budget Price!
Choose your first machine wisely - make sure it's friendly to you and your budget.
Janome DC1030 Computerised Sewing Machine
- Janome DC1030 Sewing Machine
- Standard Accessory Pack
- 2 Year Warranty
- 60 Day No Nonsense Money Back Guarantee
- Bonus Support Not Available From Other Online Sellers
If you're looking at this Janome sewing machine, chances are...
- You're a beginner who needs a reliable entry level machine
- You want a computerised machine within budget
- You need a light weight, inexpensive machine to take to class
Feeling unsure because you've never owned a sewing machine before?
Don't be. Because you're not alone...
"Thankyou so much really appreciate it - I'm really happy with my new Janome DC1030.
Perfect for a complete novice like me, this machine has all the basic fuctions (plus some fancy stitches) a serious beginner needs when learning to sew and make clothes. It's really great value for a computerised machine too!
It threads easily and has an user-friendly design, plus a comprehensive insturction book. It sews smoothly and feels steady even when you get up to a faster speed.
Thanks again, and I really appreciate the fast postage!"
Marcia V from Doonside, NSW 2767
Finally... an Affordable Computerised Sewing Machine
Designed for Absolute Beginners at the RIGHT Price,
It'll Get You Started with Minimum Spending!
First of all... Congratulations on your decision to buy a brand new sewing machine!
Choosing the right machine will give you many hours of sewing pleasure, and it's important that you feel comfortable & happy that you've made the right choice.
But... I also know how daunting it can be to consider getting a sewing machine.
Because there are so many to choose from.... where to start? Fear not, and read on....
Is Janome DC1030 for You?
You'd choose THIS over other models because...
- you want a new sewing machine which covers all the basics - but prefer a computerised model
- you are new to sewing and unsure how you'd go - so you're trying to find a simple machine that's easy to learn
- you're after a reliable model - a PROPER sewing machine - within a tight budget.
Sounds like YOU. Right...?
Then Give the DC1030 a Go.
Simply Add to Cart & she's all yours :-)
Here's a little bit of insider information...
Having worked for a decade or so behind the scene in the clothing industry, I was formally trained as a Fashion Designer - and later spent 10 years teaching others the joy of sewing. I like to share insider tricks, and I believe that you get what you pay for. Buy Well, Buy Once.
Of all the machines I've used over the years, Janome is My Favourite Domestic Sewing Brand By Far - in fact, the only brand I trust & recommend to everyone.
For 3 Good Reasons.
- Janome is one of only TWO sewing machine brands in the world still owned by the original founding family. They take quality control seriously.
- Janome parts are Always Available and Simple to Maintain.
- Janome makes machines that are Easy to Use.
Unlike many other sewing machine brands - Janome makes ALL of their machines in their own factories. They don't contract out the manufacturing, and never cut corners just to save a buck.
That means you will always Enjoy Reliable Quality - no matter what your budget might be!
Add to Cart & Get Yours Now.
Your new Janome DC1030 will provide an enjoyable sewinging experience at your finger tips..... so you can get started with minimal effort and fall in love with sewing while growing your skills!
Imagine how much easier it'll be to get into your new sewing project - when Your new Janome sewing machine is there to help make everything look so professional, yet so easy to achieve.
I'm so sure you'll just love your new Janome DC1030 because of all the wonderful feedback and emails from other customers who are absolutely thrilled with theirs!
"I'm a casual crafter that has gotten into sewing projects that my cheap Spotlight machine just couldn't handle (sewing quilt binding, taking up jeans) so I needed an upgrade. This machine was exactly what I was looking for. The inside of the machine contains a lot of metal. I've been able to sew through layers with ease. Hemming jeans was a breeze.
I also love that you have the option to not use the foot pedal. It took some getting used to but now I'm loving not having to deal with another cord when I put away my machine. You might think the flowers make it look a bit like a toy but don't let that turn you away, it's a real powerhouse machine for the price."
- Brenda, a Happy Customer
Simply Add to Cart Now.
Full of practical, user-friendly functions,
Your New Janome DC1030 is a Brand New additon to the Janome family.
Your New Janome DC1030 is a budget-friendly computerised model offered at a fantastic price. What you get is a beginner's computerised machine. With some fancy features as well!
Here's what you get:
- An Entry-Level Computerised model, your new DC1030 is capable of gives you 30 built-in stitches including 1 memory buttonhole.
- Easy stitch selection (and lots of them!) - at the touch of your finger tips. You have a large LCD Display to show the stitch you've selected.
- Sew at your own pace - the Speed Control lets you sew up to 820 stitches per minute for those who want to get more done in less time!
- Use the Start / Stop function to sew without a foot control - perfect for when you accidentally leave the foot pedal behind (don't get caught out)!
- Want to sew armholes and other fiddly bits? No worries - take off the flat-bed storage box and you have a free arm.
- Thinking of taking up machine quilting? Easy. Drop your feed dog to make way for free-motion quilting.
- This is a top bobbin loading machine ("Top Loading" for short) which means your bobbin drops in from above, with a see-through window.
- It has Built-in Needle Threader - that takes care of the most tedious job in sewing, and you will never have to look for your magnifying glass again!
- Best for travel - Light Weight (5.0kg) - one of our lightest but definitely not flimsy. DC1030 is most popular for sewing classes and retreats!
- Complete with BONUS Dust Cover - great for keeping your machine dust-free and clean, ready for you to get busy!
Add Yours to Cart Today.
Like all Janomes, the DC1030 is designed to withstand daily usage - it produces beautiful stitches over and over again - thanks to the precise stitch mechanism Janome is known for, you can now create professional results every single day!
All You Need to Do is Place Your Order.
Did You Know.....
DC1030 has its own Built-in Needle Threader!
Yes, that's handy, isn't it?
Normally a feature reserved for the high-end machines, now you too can avoid the frustration of needle threading manually!
Instead of reaching for that magnifying glass (which you may have misplaced) you simply follow the instruction below:
1. Raise the needle to the highest position.
Pull down the built-in needle threder knob as far as it will go.
2. Turn the knob in the direction of the arrow as shown.
Insert the hook into the eye of your needle. leade the thread around the guide and under the hook.
3. Turn the knob in the direction of the arrow in the illustration, drawing the thread lood through the needle.
4. Pull the thread through the needle eye.
Voila! All done. Now you can get on with sewing!
Now that you've found out how easy needle threading can be done with the help of this machine, would you put up with anything less?!
Why Not Order Yours Now.
- A Versatile, All-Purpose Computerised model to suit your needs - whether you have a passion for sewing or just want to get things fixed around the house.
- Easy stitch selection with LCD screen and easy-to-use buttons at the touch of your finger tips.
- All the functions you want - without the price tag. Why pay more when you can have it for less?
- Maximum Stitch Width: 5 mm
- Maximum Stitch Length: 4 mm
- Clip-on Feet for quick change. No screw driver required!
- Built-in Threader - hate threading needles? This handy gadget means no more squinting and eye strains!
- One-Touch Needle Up / Down Position - gain precise control and create perfect mitre corners and intricate curves.
- Auto Lock / Reverse Stitch - at a touch, you can secure each and every seam with ease!
- Stop / Start Button - a unique feature that aloows you to sew without the foot pedal. Perfect for those with injuries / disabilities, or simply wanted to do without another thing to plug in.
- Built-In One-Step Buttonhole - creating professional results have never been so easy!
- Twin Needle Capability - the extra spool pins with its own slot means you can thread up TWO spools of thread. Twin needle NOT included.
- Fast & Simple to Thread-up - Never cringe again when you need to use different colour threads!
- Drop-In Bobbin System - makes changing bobbin super simple and runs jam-proof with Janome's famous magnetic system.
- Reverse Stitch Button - changing direction is as easy as a pushing a button!
- 30 Stitch functions from Built-In Stitches - so you will be able to create unlimited combination at your finger tips!
- Built-in light source (LED) so you can see what you're sewing!
- Sew like a professional with Even Seam Allowances - various measurements are all engraved on the plate for you, with both inches & millimetres
- Auto-Lock Stitch - securely finishing your seam is now easier than ever!
- Light Weight (ideal for attending classes or social groups) - around 5.0 kgs, grab it by the handle and take your sewing with you wherever you go!
- Removeable Extension - lets you sew "free arm", perfect for fiddly bits like sleeves and armholes.
- Hidden Storage - provides a handy place to pop your feet, bobbins and tools between use. No more hunting around in your sewing baskets!
- Dust Cover to protect your machine - so your machine stays clean and dust-free!
Grab One While Stock Lasts - Don't Miss Out!
The new Janome DC1030 gives you a wide range of features in an entry-level computerised machine ...... without breaking the bank.
The Recommended Retail Price (RRP) on Janome Australia website is $499.00 - but you don't need to pay that much when you shop with us!
Hurry & Order Yours - Sale Ends Soon.
Wondering What Else you get with the machine?
Also included with your machine is your Standard Accessories, which includes: Included:
- Bobbin x 3 - fill 'em up and have 'em ready to go!
- Satin Stitch Foot F - perfect for applique & embroidery.
- Zipper Foot E - so you can sew zips with professional results!
- Sliding Buttonhole Foot J - makes buttonholes a breeze!
- Zig Zag / All Purpose Foot A - if there is ONE foot you need, it'd be this one.
- Additional Spool Pin - in case you need a second spool of thread. A must for twin-needle sewing.
- Spool Holder (Large) - already on your machine for large spools.
- Spool Holder (Small) - perfect for embroidery when your spools are smaller.
- Seam Ripper / Buttonhole Opener - handy to have around.
- Lint Brush - makes cleaning easy.
- Needle Set (3 needles) so you can change needle often and protect your fabric.
- Instruction Book - so you and your new machine can get to know each other :-)
- Screwdriver key - compact size, perfect for this machine.
- Dust Cover to keep your machine in top-nic and dust-free!
- Foot Control - lets you drive the machine just like driving a car :-)
- Power Card & Australian Plug - that's the only way to go about it!
That's everything you need - to get you sewing right out of the box!
Add Yours to Cart Now.
Still not sure?
Here's what one (of many) happy customers had to say after purchasing their Janome:
"I'm really excited about this sewing machine. I haven't used one since I was a teenager, and I was never very good at it. I was a little worried about whether I'd be able to figure this out, but the directions are fairly easy, even for a beginner. Learning to thread the machine really isn't as hard as I remember - thanks to the needle threader.
I just used some scrap fabric to play around a little bit and I'm really happy with how easy it's been. I have not figured out all the extras, like button holes and all that. But so far, so good. I am getting ready to hem some curtains for my daughter's bedroom that I had been procrastinating since I was originally going to be sewing by hand. I think I'll practice just a little more on scraps, but feel pretty confidant I've got the hang of the basics so far. This is really fun having a sewing machine after all these years, and one I feel comfortable using. I see crafts once in a while that require some sewing, and now I can finally try some of those out. And no more hemming by hand. I love it.
I also like that it's not overly heavy. I don't have a place where I can leave the machine out, so when I am done with it, I have to put it in the wardrobe. Luckily, it's not too heavy or big for me to be able to do that. It does come with a plastic dust cover for people who do want to leave it out on a sewing table. And the dust cover has a slit at the top and there is a handle on the top of the sewing machine that pokes through the cover so you can carry it to a closet or shelf with the dust cover on. Very handy."
- Teresa, a Happy Customer
We have been fortunate enough to source a few of these excellent machines for Our Customers....
Be Sure Get Yours Now While Stocks Last!
Your Machine is Well Protected for Safe Travel.....
So when you open the box, your will find the new Janome DC1030 nice and snug inside its own foam cut-out.
I always make sure that my customers keep these foam cut-outs along with the box it came in - just in case you need to move house or put your machine into storage.
Also, in the highly unlikely event where you may need to send the machine back to us for a any reason, the machine will need to reach us in all of its original package, because we cannot be responsible for any damage incurred in transit.
The best way to ensure safe travel for your machine is to simply KEEP every bit of the packaging and put them back inside the box, then just store the box out of the way. Easy!
And Enjoy Professional Finish Forever!
What's the Difference between "Top Loading" and "Front Loading" machines?
Whether a sewing machine is referred to as "top-loading" or "front-loading" it is the bobbin position that tells them apart.
A "Top Loading" machine has a "drop-in" bobbin, where the bobbin goes in from the top, directly underneath your needle and presser foot. The lid is usually clear so you can see the bobbin.
This type of mechanism is called "Horizontal Full Rotary Hook", where the bobbin is driven by the machine to go round and round in full circle movements. Horizontal refers to the bobbin position - it sits horizontally in your machine and faces up.
A "Front Loading" machine has a different spot for your bobbin. It is hidden behind the storage box, inside a trap door. You cannot see the bobbin at all until you open the trap door - and then you will see a metal bobbin case, which is removable. You filled bobbin goes inside this metal case.
This type of mechanism is called "Vertical Oscillating Hook", where the bobbin goes side to side instead of completing a circle. The bobbin stays vertical inside the bobbin case.
What does "Low Shank" and "High Shank" mean?
It means "shank height" or "shank size".
Most domestic machines have LOW shanks. Just to give you an idea, we sell about 10 low shank presser feet to ONE high shank foot.
That means if you don't know what sort of shank your machine has, it's probably a low shank. Because High Shank machines are generally "fancy" embroidery models which are more costly, and those who invest in these models tend to know exactly what shank type it is.
Which one is Janome DC1030?
Janome DC1030 is a "Top-Loading" machine, and uses "Horizontal Full Rotary Hook" mechanism.
It's has 5mm maxiimum stitch width with LOW shank.
Can I buy other presser feet?
Sure! Please see individual listing in our store for details.
This machine only comes with four, so chances are you might want to get a few specialty feet such as walking foot or darning foot for quilting.
Janome Australia did not include any specialty foot in the package, because the DC1030 is an Entry-Level Model for computerised sewing machines (you get essential functions at a great price).
Where Do I Go For Regular Service Or To Purchase Parts and Accessories?
Janome Japan has been manufacturing some of the BEST machines since 1921. Because of their popularity and reliability any issues with service or parts are easy and cheap to solve.
We also supply other feet and attachments to suit - please check their individual listings in our store for details.
All spare parts and additional accessories are available from any mechanic who looks after Janome. Just let them know it is a "Top Loading" Janome Machine with "Low Shank". They will also be able to service your machine regularly, so you can easily keep your machine working at optimal condition.
From my experience, my Janome has been like a Toyota car - always reliable, simple to operate, easy to buy parts and cheap to service. What else could you ask for in a sewing machine?
Wondering about Warranty?
In the unlikely event something does go wrong, we've got you covered.
Keep read on below for more details...
Sounds Good - but why wouldn't I buy directly from Janome?
Here's something most people didn't know: Janome Australia doesn't deal directly with the public. Neither does Janome USA or Janome UK.
Actually, the authentic Janome website won't let you place orders. You can find all sorts of information there, but you won't find an "Add to Cart" button if you're looking at the real deal.
In case you come across any website with "Janome" in the name that you could buy from - chances are, you've found someone who'd like you to think that you're dealing directly with Janome Australia themselves. Which isn't the case.
Think about it for a second: when someone is prepared to hide the truth about who they really are, what else might they be hiding?
Why should I shop with you over a dealer with a brick-and-mortar shop?
Yes, it is true that we ARE an online store. We do not have a physical shop front.
That means we take online shopping seriously - because this is ALL we do. This is our life's work and we are 100% commited to look after YOU.
Not having a physical shop front means YOU have our undivided attention.
When you shop with us, there will be no distractions, no other customers to fight over, no waiting in line just to ask a question. It's just you, the products you want, and really detailed description plus heaps of photos (that we take ourselves) to make sure that you know exactly what you are ordering. That's our way of making shopping (and sewing) easier for you!
Instead of worrying about rents, keeping up appearances, and going into price-war with other dealers, our sole focus in on how we can make your shopping experience with us as enjoyable as possible. Because life to too short for poor services and you deserve the BEST - afterall, shopping and sewing should be fun. Right?
Me Too. Let's Place Your Order Now.
I would like to buy more than one. Can you do a better deal?
Absolutely. Group purchases and wholesale enquiries welcome.
Our clients include small business owners in dressmaking / tailoring or alteration, group and schools, as well as craft enthusiast / artisans who sell their creations for additional income.
Email us if you want to purchase more than one, or simply make us an offer..... you might be pleasantly surprised!
Is there a phone number so I could speak to someone?
Sure. We will provide you with a direct contact number as soon as you send us an email.
Shelley and the Sew Much Easier team are always happy to answer any question, technical information, pricing or anything else you wish to know!
Go Ahead And Grab Yourself a Great Janome NOW
And Enjoy Your Next Sewing Adventure!
Check Out What Other Happy Janome DC1030 Owners Say About Their Machine...
"As sewing machines go I think this is pretty good. It's been a very long time since I used a sewing machine and this Janome with it's 30 stitches and self threading needle are about as easy as it gets. The included instruction manual is comprehensive and useful for reference and learning.
A good little machine that any young designer or homemaker on a tight budget would love to use and own.
Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a high function entry level sewing machine."
- Jodi, a Happy Customer
"This is a fantastic economical computerised sewing machine. There is no better bang for your buck then the Janome DC1030.
You get the needle threader and start/stop button, as well as needle up/down which are all previously reserved for more expensiver models. Drop the feed dogs and you can do free-motion quilting.
Love the 30 built in stitches! Have been using the machine for alterations, clothing repairs, button replacement... everything works beautifully and is so easy. Runs perfectly on a variety of fabrics, too."
- Michelle, a Happy Customer
"My mother has been sewing for over 40 years. She still had an older 1970s Singer before I gave her this one to try. She is retired, and she enjoys sewing in her free time.
Setup was rather simple especially with the needle threader. The sewing area is very well-lit by an LED light, unlike small incandescent lights of old. The LCD screen shows the settings and the stitch can be selected by using the up and down arrow. I wish it had a full keypad but that is a small negative.
The built in threaded works seamlessly. The operation can be performed with a start/stop button that you can use instead of the pedal. An adjustable free arm allows her to sew pant legs or sleeves.
The mechanism runs smoothly and it is a bit quieter than my mother's older Singer. The construction is a hard plastic, and it has a nice carrying handle for easy portability. They also included a plastic dust cover.
Overall, this is a high level machine that does light and heavyweight fabric. Definitely worth it."
- Barb, a Happy Customer
"This machine is getting me back into sewing. I used to sew all the time on an old Singer when the kids were young. Now that they've all moved out I thought I'd get a new machine and start sewing again.
This machine felt so light compares to my old one, but surprisingly, it performs like a champ. It has a few things I'm not used to and it took me a while. The needle threader was tricky to figure out for me at first, but once I got the hang of it, it works like a charm.
The next thing new to me was the start/stop button. Yes, it has the foot control that sits on the floor, but this button also has controls on the front of the machine to raise and lower the needle and to go forward and backward. You just set the speed and push the start/stop button. I wasn't sure about it at first, but turns out I really like it. No more foot cramps! It's so easy to change the speed if you want to.
Which brings me to the third thing I wasn't used to - the LCD screen. I found it simple to use though. The display is a good size and easy for my old eyes to see.
The instructions have great illustrations and are detailed and clear. It goes into detail about the uses for all the stitches.
Overall, this machine has given me a renewed love of sewing. I can't wait to use it for some of my projects that have been on hold."
- Debra, a Happy Customer
"As a reluctant sewist, I knew that I needed a realiable machine that is easy to use. The DC1030 fits the bill.
It is easy to wind the bobbin, easy to thread, easy to switch between stitch types. The instruction manual is good; I was able to follow the steps easily.
I've completed a few projects with no problem at all. Incliding curtains and little ipod cases and lots of mini-quilts, and I love the machine. It is just amazing for its price. Highly recommended."
- Molly, a Happy Customer
"I am loving this Janome. Previously owned a Brother and was constantly fighting tension and bobbin battles.
This machine has worked great right out of the box. Sewed through a few layers without any problems, and no adjustments after previously sewing thin cotton. Seems very sturdy and easy to use eventohugh it's pretty light weight.
I like sewing again. I don't do any fancy sewing - just basic patterns and alterations, so works absolutely wonderfully for my needs. Very happy with this purchase."
- Jenny, a Happy Customer
This machine is ideal for:
- beginners who want to learn how to sew,
- aspiring young designers and stylists,
- parents who want to make a few things for their kids,
- experienced sewing experts upgrading to a new machine,
- teaching facilities,
- dressmaking / tailoring professionals,
- quilters / patchworkers needing to finish raw edges for pre-washing,
- textiles artists,
- and other creative individuals.....
If any of these sounds like you....
..... then the team here at SewMuchEasier are ready and waiting to get your Janome sewing machine on its way to you, delivered anywhere in Australia!
In a few short days your parcel will arrive....
When you open it up you'll find your new Janome safely tucked inside, ready to go.
Plug it in and hear it purr happily as you test drive the various stitches....
Imagine the sewing creation you can wizz up, so quickly and easily....
All you need to do to make it happen is...
Does this product come with Warranty?
We serve thousand of happy sewists across Australia - many continue to shop with us over the years - because they know we take care of our customers in time of need.
Because your peace of mind is important to us.
When You purchase from us, You are automatically under OUR warranty.
No need to send warranty cards back - We will simply keep your details on file and contact you from time to time just to make sure you're happy.
The warranty is a return to base warranty, so in the unlikely event your machine needs repair from manufacturing faults, simply return it to us, covering postage from your end.
You need to hold on to the original box with ALL internal packaging to ensure safe travel - so that your machine is well-protected if and when you ever need to send it anywhere.
We cannot accept COD or unpaid deliveries.
We take care of the repair AND courier it back to you for FREE.
This is a REPAIR warranty. And the actual repair work will be carried out by a Janome Authorised Repairer (who also looks after Elna). If your machine is declred unrepairable by the repairer then we reserve the right to either replace your machine or give you a refund of your purchase price excluding delivery costs. Please see our terms for full details.
We count on you to help us look after you.
As with all warranties, a few reasonable conditions do apply.
Please read on:
Damage caused by neglect or misuse of the product is not covered. This includes using the item outside it's recommended limits, or not adhering to the recommended usage guidelines contained within the product user guidelines contained withing the product user guide.
Wear-and-Tear or Expendable parts are not covered. Including but not limited to things like needles, belts, springs, light bulbs, bobbins, bobbin cases, thread cutters and needle plates that will need replacement from time to time.
Approval to return your machine to us under warranty must be granted before you send it because we need to know what the issue is in order to work out the best solution for you.
Refer to our full terms and conditions for more details on this warranty.
When you buy from us, you are accepting these terms and conditions.
At any stage if you have a question, all you need to do is contact us via email and we will respond to you promptly and courteously.
We Are Here for You
We will always do our best to resolve any concerns with a positive outcome.
Want to Know Who We Are
Click Here to Learn More About Us...
Go Ahead And Grab Yourself a Fantastic Deal NOW
And Enjoy Your Next Sewing Adventure!
Still Not Sure? That's Okay.
We understand. Because sometimes it's hard to know if you really want something, right?
Especially when shopping online!
That's why we provide 60 Day Money Back Easy Returns* to support you.
Because we know sewing - but You Know Best :-)
~ 60 Day ~
100% Money Back Guarantee...
Your purchase from us comes with our 60-Day Easy Returns option!*
In the unlikely event if it doesn't work for you in any way, simply contact us. You have sixty (60) days to try things out.
There's no rush. Take your time.
Beacuse we want you to have plenty of time to feel absolutely certain that you're enjoying what you've chosen!
If you're not 100% happy - simply let us know and return the item in brand new condition, including all original packaging intact.
We will send you a full refund (excluding postage) promptly and courteously - No Worries!
Simply Add to Cart Now.
* Looking for the fine print? Check our terms & conditions for details*
Shopping Online is Secure with us!
Just so we can get your item to you ASAP, we ask that you complete payment within 5 working days from committing to buy.
Please let us know by email if you would like to make other arrangements, such as waiting to purchasing other items for combined postage or waiting for pay day.
NOTE: Please use your name with a post code as Bank Reference when making payment. If you have an order reference starting with "N", you can use that one.
IMPORTANT: Because your order is processed promptly once funds are cleared, there won’t be time to make changes to shipping details, So When You Complete Checkout please help us by double checking we have the following:
- Correct Physical Address. Most of the time PO Box is fine, though we may ask you for a physical address if we end up using a courier instead of Aust Post.
- Phone Number for the delivery driver.
- Any Special Delivery Instructions.
Now, Let's Get Your Order On Its Way To You!
How long will it take to receive my order?
All fully paid orders placed by 5pm Monday to Thursday will be processed overnight and ready to send by our warehouse - normally the next day or following business day.
Orders placed on Friday and Weekends will be processed on Sunday night - because our warehouse operates Monday to Friday except Public Holidays.
Once it leaves our warehouse, the actual time frame is up to the delivery services. This can vary depending on your location and road conditions.
Any delivery time estimates shown are estimates only - so please use it as a guide line.
You'll receive a few email updates from our system as your order progresses, so please stay tuned on these!
How will my order be sent?
We use a dispatch system that works out the most efficient way to send your order.
This way the postage works out fair and reasonable, and your parcel reaches you quickly as well - because we know you can't wait!
In general, larger items tend to be delivered by couriers, while small items tend to go by Aust Post.
How is my postage calculated?
Depending on weight and dimension, some times we are able to do Flat Rate across Australia, so the postage is the same no matter where you are.
Other times we use the Built-in Calculated system provided by Aust Post, and your postage is calculated based on YOUR location.
Can I get it delivered to my P.O. Box?
Depends on the item (and its dimensions), because Aust Post have size restrictions and couriers are NOT allowed to deliver to a P.O. Box.
Please check with us when in doubt.
If you have nominated a P.O. box, and the item is within Aust Post size, then it will go by Aust Post. Most of the time, this is the case.
When your item is too big, or being sent directly from our supplier, then we need you to provide a physical address so we can send a courier.
Can I get my order sent to a different delivery address?
Your sure can!
When you check out, you can choose to ship your order to your billing address or a different address.
Simply choose the second option, and then fill in the shipping address of where you want you parcel sent.
Please double check we have Your Correct Address so your order can find its way to you!
What if courier services are not available in my area?
Some locations are outside of courier services....
In these cases we CAN arrange for your order to be deliverd to your local post office.
But please provide us with a street address (street number & name) - even if it is the only Post Office in town - as if it is an office address.
A phone number would help too - this will avoid delays.
What if I need my order urgently?
No worries, we will do our best. Just let us know.
Please give us as much notice as possible - especially for special occasions like birthdays!
In most cases, we CAN arrange an upgrade from Regular Post to Express Post for a little extra.
Please contact us first so we can update your invoice to show the correct amount.
Do you offer combine shipping?
I want to order more than one item...
Sure! Please "Add to Cart" for all the items you want and let the system work it out for you.
If you're unsure, let us know. A quick message is all we need.
Can I pick up my order?
No. Sorry - unless you're picking up furniture directly from our supplier.
Because most of our items are located in a commercial warehouse - with NO public acess.
There is no shop front - because that's how we can pass on the savings to you!
Some useful things you might want to know:
- Combined Shipping - We are happy to combine shipping for multiple purchases based on the combined weight and dimensions of your items, so add what you like to cart as you go, and check out our shop to see what else you like... you never know what you might find!
- All items we sell are Stored in a Clean and Smoke Free Environment so You can Rest Asured they will be In Top Condition when they arrive at your place.
- Packaging & Sending - All your items will be packed well and we do everything we can to make sure you package arrives safely. In the unlikely event something does go wrong with your package, please contact us via email. We do our best to resolve any concerns.
- Prompt Shipping - Your package will be sent to you promptly once payment is cleared. In most cases it will be dispatched the next business day.
- Packaging Materials - We endeavour to support "green policies" and recycle clean packaging materials whenever possible. Brand names on packaging material may not necessarily match the content.
- Combined Shipping - We are happy to combine shipping for multiple purchases based on the combined weight and dimensions of your items, so add what you like to cart as you go, and check out our shop to see what else you like... you never know what you might find!
The Courier Needs Your Phone Number
When you're completing check-out please make sure your best day time phone number is included - because the courier requires a phone number.
Generally they may never ring you - and they tend to just turn up anyway. But their office needs to have your phone number on file for "just-in-case".
If you have any special delivery instructions, please let us know.
It is best to providing these details by sending us a quick message - this means your parcel will be dispatched to you faster.
Because we're here for you.
and your sewing needs.
Sew Much Easier is founded by a sewists, for fellow sewist :-)
We're a surprisingly small team that put a great deal of thoughts into what we do and how we do it. We stock only a handful of curated sewing goodies - each one carefully hand picked and tested ourselves.
Everything we stock only make it to our online store if we absolutlely LOVE them - for our own sewing. Because we're only interested in handing over what YOU would be happy with.
Hi, I'm Shelley.
I confess that I'm a fabric addict. And I love nothing more than geeking out over the ins-and-outs of sewing machines - and all the bits that come with it. Presser feet are my specialty :-)
I've been sharing my passion of sewing all my life - with a career in fashion design and patchwork teaching - and now I serve fellow sewist everywhere by delivering sewing goodies to your door. And that's only the beginning.
Long after your first purchase - whether it's a sewing machine, dressmakers dummy, or some bobbins - we'll be there to celebrate your joy in the simple act of making something by hand.
Simply drop us a line and...
we'll be there whenever you need help. Any time.
P.S. I know you're a savvy shooper. And you understand the value of Buy Well, Buy Once.
Because you want to be 100% confident in the quality of your purchase, so that you can be 100% confident in your sewing!
I'd like to make sure You are 100% Happy - so take your time, take a couple of months - get to know your sewing goodies from us.
And in case you change your mind - No Worries. Because shopping online should be stress-free!
Give it a Go Today. You'll be glad you did. So, Go Ahead!
P.P.S. Join Thousands of Happy Sewists Australia-wide, and be part of our caring creative community. Contact me (Shelley) any time for technical advice or anything sewing related.
Stay in touch - I'm here for you :-)
Last but Not Least...
Remember to send me a photo.
Because I'd LOVE to see Your Work!
Where Are We?
While Melbourne is our home, most of our goodies are kept in a commercial warehouse in Sydney. They aren't open to the public and there's NO shop front.
That means for most items...
We are Not Able to Offer Pick Up.
Instead we provide fast & low cost delivery to your door :-)
The Only Exception is for Furniture - pick up can be arranged from the supplier directly.
Would you like more information on this item?
Can we clarify anything else for you at all?
Please feel free to Call 1300 88 11 59
or Send Us a Message anytime.
Your message will be responded to ASAP, usually within 24 hours and during business hours, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm Australian Eastern Standard time.
In case the phone line is busy - please leave a clear message with your contact number (including area code) and we'll call you back. Cheers!
returning to sewing during lockdownBy: Chris on 10 September 2020
It's been ages since I have done any sewing, and wanted a solid computerized machine for quick alterations and simple upcycling projects. I was pleasantly surprised by the many new features in modern Janomes that make sewing very enjoyable. Thank you Shelley and Sew Much Easier for the encouraging and informative blog posts and emails which have inspired me to return to this hobby.(5)