Janome My Excel 18W (MW3018LE) Mechanical Sewing Machine - HD3000 Aust Equivalent
Click to view larger images or other views or videos
Swipe for more. Tap to enlarge
Click to view larger images or other views or videos
Sewing School secret Exposed:
Could this Ugly Machine Be the Most Popular Choice?
In fact, this model fits the role so perfectly - it has remained unchaged for decades!
Janome My Excel 18W Limited Edition
Mechanical Sewing Machine
- Janome My Excel 18W (MW3018LE) Mechanical Sewing Machine
- Standard Accessory Pack
- 2 Year Warranty
- 60 Day No Nonsense Money Back Guarantee
- Bonus Support Not Available From Other Online Sellers
If you're looking at this Janome sewing machine, chances are...
- You've outgrown your entry-level, budget machine
- You're looking for the BEST machine that's solid and reliable without being costly
- You prefer mechanical machine over computerised, and you've heard good things about this one - because the originals are often the best
Feeling unsure because you're unfamiliar with this model?
Don't be. Because you're not alone...
Janome got it right with this machine - and I'm glad they kept the original design for years. Why change what works?!
I was used to industrial machines in the past, but none compare to the excellent alignment of the MyExcel18W.
I stitch high-end garments requiring the best finish and this machine helps me achieve this with less stress.
Highly recommended this machine."
- RR, a Happy Customer
Classic Choice for Classrooms Everywhere Since 1980s
Tested & Loved by Everyone Who Learns to Sew
With Reliable Proven Performance - Always!
F irst of all... Congratulations on your decision to buy a brand new sewing machine!
Choosing the right machine will give you many hours of sewing pleasure, and it's important that you feel comfortable & happy that you've made the right choice.
But... I also know how daunting it can be to consider getting a sewing machine.
Because there are so many to choose from.... where to start? Fear not, and read on....
Is Janome My Excel 18W for You?
You'd choose THIS over other models because...
- you want a decent quality mechanical sewing machine that will last - and better than your previous machine
- you know this is the sensible choice for highschool textile departments. If the kids can't break it - neither will you.
- you are returning to sewing and want a simple machine that's easy to use - but capable enough to keep up with you
- you're fed up with cheap, plastic-y machines. Now you're ready to go for a robust machine that's actually made of metal with a decent amount of functions without costing a fortune
Sounds like YOU. Right...?
Then Give the MW3018LE a Go.
Simply Add to Cart & she's all yours :-)
Here's a little bit of insider information...
Having worked for a decade or so behind the scene in the clothing industry, I was formally trained as a Fashion Designer - and later spent 10 years teaching others the joy of sewing. I like to share insider tricks, and I believe that you get what you pay for. Buy Well, Buy Once.
Of all the machines I've used over the years, Janome is My Favourite Domestic Sewing Brand By Far - in fact, the only brand I trust & recommend to everyone.
For 3 Good Reasons.
- Janome is one of only TWO sewing machine brands in the world still owned by the original founding family. They take quality control seriously.
- Janome parts are Always Available and Simple to Maintain.
- Janome makes machines that are Easy to Use.
Unlike many other sewing machine brands - Janome makes ALL of their machines in their own factories. They don't contract out the manufacturing, and never cut corners just to save a buck.
That means you will always Enjoy Reliable Quality - no matter what your budget might be!
Add to Cart & Get Yours Now.
Your new Janome My Excel 18W Limited Edition (MW3018LE for short) will provide a reliable sewinging experience at your finger tips..... because it has been a trusted model for decades by high schools and sewing studios all around that country.
In fact - this machine is responsible for helping thousands of people of all ages become life-long passionate sewists!
Imagine how much easier it'll be to get into your next sewing project and grow your sewing skills at the same time - when Your new Janome sewing machine is there to help make everything look so professional, yet so easy to achieve.
I'm so sure you'll just love your new Janome My Excel 18W because of all the wonderful feedback and emails from other customers who are absolutely thrilled with theirs!
"When my old Singer started acting up, I decided it was time to replace it. I did not need or want a fancy computerised machine with a million stitches.
After doing a lot of research and reading of reviews I settled on this Janome My Excel. It has all the basic stitches I need plus a few fancy ones if I'm feeling adventurous.
I make bags, so I sew a lot of thicker materials. I have fallen in love with the Tricot stitch (a zig zag stitch with 3 stitches for each zig and three for each zag), and the Triple Strength stitch (awesome for my bags!) I had also forgotten that sewing machines really do sew straight lines without torturing the fabric to make it happen!
I love how the new 7-pieces feed dog that moves the fabric very smoothly. I also love the fact that the top of the machine has a compartment that holds most of your extra feet, some needles, and your thread.
Apart from heavier fabrics, I have also tried very light, chiffon type fabrics and slippery fabrics, and they both did well. I am extremely happy with this purchase."
- Tania, a Happy Customer
Simply Add to Cart Now.
Full of practical, user-friendly functions,
Your New Janome My Excel 18 W Limited Edition will soon become your best friend.
The Janome MW3018LE is the BEST Mechanical model offered at a fantastic price. What you get is a robust, easy-to-use sewing machine that has been tested, perfected, and loved. It's an insiders' secret choice & all time favourite!
- A Top-Level Mechanical model, your new My Excel 18W gives you 18 built-in stitches including a One-step buttonhole.
- The easy-to-use dial means selecting pattern, changing stitch width and length are a breeze.
- There is also a Stitch Reference Guide handy for stitch pattern settings. So you don't have to remember everything!
- It comes with a convenient built-in blade for thread cutting - one hand is all you need, for getting your sewing off the machine at the end of each stitch.
- Want to sew armholes and other fiddly bits? No worries - take off the flat-bed storage box and you have a free arm.
- Thinking of taking up machine quilting? Easy. Drop your feed dog to make way for free-motion quilting.
- It has Built-in Needle Threader - that takes care of the most tedious job in sewing, and you will never have to look for your magnifying glass again!
- This is a top bobbin loading machine ("Top Loading" for short) which means your bobbin drops in directly from the needle plate. Easy!
- It has Adjustable Foot Pressure - you can adjust the amount of pressure to suit your fabric, whether you're sewing denim or chiffon!
- Sew at your own pace - the Speed Control lets you sew up to 800 stitches per minute for those who want to get more done in less time!
- Lightweight (8kg) yet made of real metal interior - great for classes, the price is also right for a beginner or the budget-conscious. Perfect!
Add Yours to Cart Today.
Like all Janomes, the My Excel 18W is designed to withstand daily usage - it produces beautiful stitches over and over again - thanks to the precise stitch mechanism Janome is known for, you can now create professional results every single day!
All You Need to Do is Place Your Order.
Did You Know.....
MyExcel 18W is one of the very few affordable machines that gives you precise control of Foot Pressure Adjustment - to suit your fabric.
Let me explain...
Back in the days, when all sewing machines are mechanical, there was ALWAYS a dial where you could adjust foot pressure manually to suit your fabric.
The pressure adjustment sets the amount of pressure that the presser foot places on the fabric (try saying this line three times. Fast).
Your machine provides downward pressure on the presser foot, which holds the fabric between the feed dog and sewing machine foot itself.
Naturally, the amount of pressure required differs dramatically between sewing light weight sheer fabric and multiple layers of denim.
That means having manual adjustment is really useful when you use a wide variety of fabric in different weight and texture.
One example is when working with knits or slippery fabrics, as it reduces the "pull" on the top layer of fabric. You'll find that you have more even seams.
Why is this important?
Using the incorrect pressure setting can drastically affect the end result; it can create problems such as skipped, uneven or irregular stitches, fabric puckers or the machine not feeding the fabric properly.
Having said that, you can ALWAYS use a walking foot, roller foot, or Teflon foot to solve any of the above - so you can still sew evenly and smoothly with perfect stitches and pucker-free if your machine does NOT have adjustable foot pressure (most modern machines don't).
So, when do you make adjustment to the Foot Pressure?
- If you find your fabric slips when the presser foot is down, you need to increase the pressure on the presser foot.
- If the fabric is held so tightly that the feed dog is unable to move the fabric, decrease the amount of pressure on the presser foot.
When it comes to fabric and how it reacts to sewing there is no exact science or magic fool-proof formula.
So when in doubt, Try it Out!
Why Not Order Yours Now.
- A Robust, Reliable Mechnical model to suit your needs - whether you have a passion for sewing or just want to get things fixed around the house.
- Easy stitch selection with easy-to-use dials at the touch of your finger tips.
- Just the functions you need - without the ones you don't. Why pay more for what you don't use?
- Maximum Stitch Width: 7 mm
- Maximum Stitch Length: 4 mm
- Clip-on Feet for quick change. No screw driver required!
- Reverse Stitch - press the lever and you can secure each and every seam with ease!
- Twin Needle Capability - the extra spool pins with its own slot means you can thread up TWO spools of thread. Twin needle NOT included.
- Fast & Simple to Thread-up - Never cringe again when you need to use different colour threads!
- Drop-In Bobbin System - makes changing bobbin super simple and runs jam-proof with Janome's famous magnetic system.
- One-Step Buttonholes - creating professional results have never been so easy!
- Presser Foot Adjustment - for customised foot pressure, so you can get it perfect for handling all types and weights of fabric.
- 18 Built-In Stitch patterns (including ONE-step buttonhole) - so you will be able to create unlimited combination at your finger tips!
- Built-in light source (incandecent light bulb) so you can see what you're sewing!
- Sew like a professional with Even Seam Allowances - various measurements are all engraved on the plate for you, with both inches & millimetres
- Foot Storage Area - with a handy Stitch Reference Guide hidden inside the lid, you will never fumble around a deep dark drawer for that seldom-used-but-need-it-now foot!
- Removeable Storage Table - lets you sew "free arm", perfect for fiddly bits like sleeves and armholes.
- Hard Cover to protect your machine - so you get more years out of it and can easily take it to classes or a friends place.
Grab One While Stock Lasts - Don't Miss Out!
So Put In Your Order Now... Because You Don't Want to Miss Out!
"The machine is a dream to operate and it is more heavy duty than other computerised models in the same price range. It's such a joy to finally have a sewing machine that plows right ahead.
I intentionally chose a mechanical model - because they have been around for decades with very little changes made (and certainly would last longer than those newer, lighter models).
I was originally going to get the next model down but at the last minute decided that since I'd probably never again buy another sewing machine this expensive, just go for it!
I'm glad I did. You have to be nice to yourself once in a while."
- Kerry, a Happy Customer
The new Janome My Excel 18W Limited Edition gives you a wide range of features in a top-level mechanical machine ...... without breaking the bank.
The Recommended Retail Price (RRP) on Janome Australia website is $699.00 - but you don't need to pay that much when you shop with us!
Hurry & Order Yours - Sale Ends Soon.
Wondering What Else you get with the machine?
Also included with your machine is your Standard Accessories, which includes:
- Zig Zag / All Purpose Foot A - if there is ONE foot you need, it'd be this one.
- Buttonhole Foot B - essential for buttonholes but great for applique too!
- Over-edge Foot C - this is your solution if you don't have an overlocker to finish raw edges.
- Narrow Hem Foot D - a nifty foot designed to help you turn the finest narrow hems like a pro!
- Blind Hem Foot G - never pay for alterations again if your pants or skirts are too long.
- Zipper Foot E - so you can sew zips with professional results!
- Automatic Buttonhole Foot R - making buttonhole is a breeze and no measurement required!
- Quilting Guide - use it to keep your quilting lines perfectly paralell.
- Bobbin x 5 - fill 'em up and have 'em ready to go!
- Seam Ripper / Buttonhole Opener - handy to have around.
- Needle Set (5 needles) so you can change needle often and protect your fabric.
- Lint Brush - makes cleaning easy.
- Screwdriver - compact size, perfect for this machine.
- Additional Spool Pin - in case you need a second spool of thread. A must for twin-needle sewing.
- Spool Holder (Large) - already on your machine for large spools (not shown in above photo).
- Spool Pin Felt Pad - makes sewing quieter and smoother.
- Spool Holder (Small) - perfect for embroidery when your spools are smaller.
- Instruction Book - so you and your new machine can get to know each other :-)
- Foot Control - lets you drive the machine just like driving a car :-)
- Hard Cover to keep your machine in top-nic and dust-free!
Add Yours to Cart Now.
Not All Sewing Machines Are Made Equal...
Take a peek: an X-Ray view if you will. The photos here show a Janome JR1012 with a see-through exterior.
You can easily see - inside every Janome there is REAL metal (aluminium die-cast to be exact) that can be found in even the most inexpensive, entry level Janome.
The die-cast aluminium frame in a Janome provides the strength and stability required for the precise action of the sewing machine needle and mechanism.
The exterior is just that - a shell - and not part of the structure of the machine.
Unfortunately there are other brands of sewing machine on the market in Australia right now that have no internal frame (let along metal). It means the components are merely attached to the outer plastic shell of the machine. There is simply not enough rigidity for high speed movements!
With Janome, there is always inner structrual support which means your sewing machine performs better, and it lasts longer. Buy Well, Buy Once.
Add Yours to Cart Now.
Still not sure?
Here's what one (of many) happy customers had to say after purchasing their Janome MW3018LE:
"I love my new Janome My Excel 18W. I'm coming from an old Singer that must have been top of the line for its time. This Janome sews beautifully and so far hasn't kicked up a fuss no matter what thickness of fabric I've thrown at it (mostly without having to adjust tension). I was most impressed when it happily stitched through some heavy duty corduroy with no problem.
Her are some Pros and Cons from me -
- Built-in needle threader. I'm young and don't have problems threading needles, but I have to say that this little tool is nifty. Sure, you can't see the eye of the needle when using the threader, as it threads from front to back. But it doesn't worry me because it's easy to use and always works for me. In general the machine is super-easy and quick to thread.
- Drop-in bobbin, see-through plate. Really useful to be able to see how much thread still left on the bobbin before it runs out.
- Auto-stop bobbin winding - it winds a beautiful even bobbin AND knows when to stop when it's full!
- Adjustable pressure on presser foot - I wasn't sure how important this was, and it wasn't a big priority in my search for a new machine even though people swaer by it. As soon as I started my corduroy project, I realised that it's a god-send. With the pressure on normal, the thick cord wouldn't budge. I had to turn the pressure down to the lightest, and then it sewed like a dream.
- Tension - no worries at all! It went from my test samples of normal cotton directly to cord without any adjustment.
- Storage compartments - so nifty, and great for having a place to store all the bits and bobs without losing them or making a mess.
- Hard case - it doesn't actually attach to the machine in any way. Maybe this is standard for modern hard cases, but it only just sits over the top and has a hole for reaching the machine's handle. No latch or anything, like my old Singer. I gues they don't make them any more.
- Storage compartment - there is a storage compartment in the bottom front of the machine, which is in the part which detaches to make the free arm. It's handy to get to as you can tilt it towards you to open it easily, but it can rattle and make noises while you sew due to the vibration of the machine. At first I was worried about the performance of the machine, but then I realised it was just this plastic cover. Phew.
- Lighting - not especially great. It's just a plain old light bulb.
- The "light" which indicates the stitch pattern you've selected is not really a light at all. It's a painted red plate or something which slides left and right under the stitches as you turn the stitch-selection dial. This actually makes me happy, as it still seems 100% mechanical, and I don't have any problems seeing it.
- Stitch selection dial is sturdy and heavy, but the stitch width and and length sliders feel flimsier. I wish it was all dials.
- I was debating between this machine and some other Janome machines in the same price range which were computerised and seemed to have more features, such as many more stitches, automatic memory of needle up/down, multiple buttonhole styles, start/stop button, speed control.
I guess in the end I just really wanted to stay with a mechanical machine that works similar to how I'm used to. I wasn't planning to ever give up controlling the speed with a foot pedal or sew with a start/stop button. I don't plan to embroider or use a lot of fancy stitches, as I sew mostly garments and find most of the decorative stitches to be tacky and grandma-ish.
The buttonholer on this machine is automatic one-step, and not four-step, and so I think that's good enough for me. Needle up/down was the one feature I might have wanted on a computerised machine, but ultimately decided to go with the clean mechanical machine instead because I know the features and design will never age.
I look forwards to a lot of happy sewing on this machine, and hope you will too!"
- Fran, a Happy Customer
We have been fortunate enough to source a few of these excellent machines for Our Customers....
Be Sure Get Yours Now While Stocks Last!
Your Machine is Well Protected for Safe Travel.....
So when you open the box, your will find the new Janome My Excel 18W nice and snug inside its own foam cut-out.
I always make sure that my customers keep these foam cut-outs along with the box it came in - just in case you need to move house or put your machine into storage.
Also, in the highly unlikely event where you may need to send the machine back to us for a any reason, the machine will need to reach us in all of its original package, because we cannot be responsible for any damage incurred in transit.
The best way to ensure safe travel for your machine is to simply KEEP every bit of the packaging and put them back inside the box, then just store the box out of the way. Easy!
And Enjoy Professional Finish Forever!
What's the Difference between "Top Loading" and "Front Loading" machines?
Whether a sewing machine is referred to as "top-loading" or "front-loading" it is the bobbin position that tells them apart.
A "Top Loading" machine has a "drop-in" bobbin, where the bobbin goes in from the top, directly underneath your needle and presser foot. The lid is usually clear so you can see the bobbin.
This type of mechanism is called "Horizontal Full Rotary Hook", where the bobbin is driven by the machine to go round and round in full circle movements. Horizontal refers to the bobbin position - it sits horizontally in your machine and faces up.
A "Front Loading" machine has a different spot for your bobbin. It is hidden behind the storage box, inside a trap door. You cannot see the bobbin at all until you open the trap door - and then you will see a metal bobbin case, which is removable. You filled bobbin goes inside this metal case.
This type of mechanism is called "Vertical Oscillating Hook", where the bobbin goes side to side instead of completing a circle. The bobbin stays vertical inside the bobbin case.
What does "Low Shank" and "High Shank" mean?
It means "shank height" or "shank size".
Most domestic machines have LOW shanks. Just to give you an idea, we sell about 10 low shank presser feet to ONE high shank foot.
That means if you don't know what sort of shank your machine has, it's probably a low shank. Because High Shank machines are generally "fancy" embroidery models which are more costly, and those who invest in these models tend to know exactly what shank type it is.
Which one is My Excel 18W?
My Excel 18W is a "Top-Loading" machine, and uses "Horizontal Full Rotary Hook" mechanism. It has LOW shank.
Can I buy other presser feet?
Sure! Please see individual listing in our store for details.
This machine only comes with five, so chances are you might want to get a few specialty feet such as walking foot or darning foot for quilting.
Janome Australia did not include any specialty foot in the package, because the MW3018LE is an All-Purpose Model (you get essential functions at a great price).
Can I do free-arm sewing for sleeves and armholes?
Yes. All you have to do is removing the extension flat-bed really carefully. See below.
Where Do I Go For Regular Service Or To Purchase Parts and Accessories?
Janome Japan has been manufacturing some of the BEST machines since 1921. Because of their popularity and reliability any issues with service or parts are easy and cheap to solve.
We also supply other feet and attachments to suit - please check their individual listings in our store for details.
All spare parts and additional accessories are available from any mechanic who looks after Janome.
Just let them know it is a "Top Loading" Janome Machine with "Low Shank". They will also be able to service your machine regularly, so you can easily keep your machine working at optimal condition.
From my experience, my Janome has been like a Toyota car - always reliable, simple to operate, easy to buy parts and cheap to service. What else could you ask for in a sewing machine?
Wondering about Warranty?
In the unlikely event something does go wrong, we've got you covered.
Keep read on below for more details...
Sounds Good - but why wouldn't I buy directly from Janome?
Here's something most people didn't know: Janome Australia doesn't deal directly with the public. Neither does Janome USA or Janome UK.
Actually, the authentic Janome website won't let you place orders. You can find all sorts of information there, but you won't find an "Add to Cart" button if you're looking at the real deal.
In case you come across any website with "Janome" in the name that you could buy from - chances are, you've found someone who'd like you to think that you're dealing directly with Janome Australia themselves. Which isn't the case.
Think about it for a second: when someone is prepared to hide the truth about who they really are, what else might they be hiding?
Why should I shop with you over a dealer with a brick-and-mortar shop?
Yes, it is true that we ARE an online store. We do not have a physical shop front.
That means we take online shopping seriously - because this is ALL we do. This is our life's work and we are 100% commited to look after YOU.
Not having a physical shop front means YOU have our undivided attention.
When you shop with us, there will be no distractions, no other customers to fight over, no waiting in line just to ask a question. It's just you, the products you want, and really detailed description plus heaps of photos (that we take ourselves) to make sure that you know exactly what you are ordering. That's our way of making shopping (and sewing) easier for you!
Instead of worrying about rents, keeping up appearances, and going into price-war with other dealers, our sole focus in on how we can make your shopping experience with us as enjoyable as possible. Because life to too short for poor services and you deserve the BEST - afterall, shopping and sewing should be fun. Right?
Me Too. Let's Place Your Order Now.
I would like to buy more than one. Can you do a better deal?
Absolutely. Group purchases and wholesale enquiries welcome.
Our clients include small business owners in dressmaking / tailoring or alteration, group and schools, as well as craft enthusiast / artisans who sell their creations for additional income.
Email us if you want to purchase more than one, or simply make us an offer..... you might be pleasantly surprised!
Is there a phone number so I could speak to someone?
Sure. We will provide you with a direct contact number as soon as you send us an email.
Shelley and the Sew Much Easier team are always happy to answer any question, technical information, pricing or anything else you wish to know!
Go Ahead And Grab Yourself a Great Janome NOW
And Enjoy Your Next Sewing Adventure!
Check Out What Other Happy Janome My Excel 18W Owners Say About Their Machine...
"I've had this Janome for a while now. I had previously only used Singer machines, but was disappointed with the quality in their recent models.
I had heard great things about Janome machines, so decided on this one mainly because it was the best mechanical machine I could find.
After using it consistently, I'm confident to say this is a great machine. I have NEVER had a problem with tension, which was the biggest problem with my previous Singers. The stitches are beautiful. It's very quiet and smooth. It's worked great on all types of fabric.
The top case compartment is so convenient to keep my feet and machine settings easily accessible, and I love the cheat-sheet diagram in the compartment - it saves me having to remember the length/width or which foot to use. It beats having to dig out my manual every time I change the settings.
All in all, I am very happy with the machine. This was a wonderful investment!! Be sure you clean out the lint regularly to keep your machine is top condition."
- Kath, a Happy Customer
"Well, you know how they say 'happy wife, happy life'. My wife was certainly happy with her new Janome.
She had been using a VERY old Singer. I hadn't heard of Janome machines before and was inclined to purchase a new Singer for her but after doing some research, decided to purchase this machine instead.
Boy am I glad I did - she was thrilled when she opened it and saw the brand and really thrilled after using it.
I do not sew and do not pretend to understand all of the features or capabilities this machine has but suffice it to say my wife does (she has sewn for many many years and sews quite well) and some of her comments were "smooth", "very easy to operate" and "this thing goes thru many layers of fabric with no problem". So in the end, I made a very good choice."
- Christopher, a Happy Customer
"This is a little work horse! It's fantastic!
I am using this machine everyday for more than 5 hours each time, very good! I sew many layers of fabric, with webbing as well.
I find the pressure adjustment really useful, even if I need to help it along by moving the wheel sometimes. I can't imagine some fancy lightweight machine would cope any better anyway.
I would not hesitate to recommend the Janome My Excel 18W to anyone who wants a portable, durable, heavy duty mechanical sewing machine -it is worth every penny."
- Silvana, a Happy Customer
"I recently started repairing uniforms for my husbands company, they are made of a heavy weight twill fire resistant material. I went through THREE Singer machines before throwing my hands up and researching other machines. I found this one on accident, thinking that the name Janome would come with a heavy duty price as well. I was excited that it was within my price range!!
I am THRILLED with this machine, it sews through layer upon layer of fabric like it is butter, its quiet, smooth, quilts like a dream (I am a quilter by nature), easy to load, and after a few tries the auto threader works well, just took some effort on my part to figure it out!
I love the mechanical machine that does just my basics without a lot of fuss. I highly recomend this machine!"
- Margaret, a Happy Customer
"I've only had my Janome My Excel for a few days, and I love the way it sews so far. It feels a bit stiff compared to my computerised Singer machine, but it is certainly quieter, more sturdy, and runs super smooth.
I did quite a bit of research before deciding on this model and have never used Janome before. My last computerised Singer machine is only about 2 years old and already starting to give me problems and will not last for the amount of sewing I want to do. The quality for Singer has unfortunately really deteriorated over the years, which is why I started looking at other brands.
This Janome My Excel 18W machine is easier to thread than any of my other sewing machines, and it came with a nice hard case. I love the storage area in the top of the machine, along with a quick lookup of various stitches and items to use for various sewing needs. There is a nice extra (removable) storage compartment located just near the bobbin case as well.
So far, this is a great machine and appears to be the work horse I need for the heavier duty sewing I plan to do."
- Di, a Happy Customer
"I was so excited to get this machine! I have already started to use it.
I was looking for a heavy duty machine that would be able to handle sewing bags and quilting as well as regular clothing sewing. This machine does all that.
I love the top that hides the thread and bobbin winder. It was so easy to use I started sewing as soon as I got it out of the box!
All in all I am thrilled with this machine."
- Alison, a Happy Customer
This machine is ideal for:
- beginners who want to learn how to sew,
- aspiring young designers and stylists,
- parents who want to make a few things for their kids,
- experienced sewing experts upgrading to a new machine,
- teaching facilities,
- dressmaking / tailoring professionals,
- quilters / patchworkers needing to finish raw edges for pre-washing,
- textiles artists,
- and other creative individuals.....
If any of these sounds like you....
..... then the team here at SewMuchEasier are ready and waiting to get your Janome S521 sewing machine on its way to you, delivered anywhere in Australia!
In a few short days your parcel will arrive....
When you open it up you'll find your new Janome My Excel 18W Limited Edition safely tucked inside, ready to go.
Plug it in and hear it purr happily as you test drive the various stitches....
Imagine the sewing creation you can wizz up, so quickly and easily....
All you need to do to make it happen is...
Does this product come with Warranty?
We serve thousand of happy sewists across Australia - many continue to shop with us over the years - because they know we take care of our customers in time of need.
Because your peace of mind is important to us.
When You purchase from us, You are automatically under OUR warranty.
No need to send warranty cards back - We will simply keep your details on file and contact you from time to time just to make sure you're happy.
The warranty is a return to base warranty, so in the unlikely event your machine needs repair from manufacturing faults, simply return it to us, covering postage from your end.
You need to hold on to the original box with ALL internal packaging to ensure safe travel - so that your machine is well-protected if and when you ever need to send it anywhere.
We cannot accept COD or unpaid deliveries.
We take care of the repair AND courier it back to you for FREE.
This is a REPAIR warranty. And the actual repair work will be carried out by a Janome Authorised Repairer (who also looks after Elna). If your machine is declred unrepairable by the repairer then we reserve the right to either replace your machine or give you a refund of your purchase price excluding delivery costs. Please see our terms for full details.
We count on you to help us look after you.
As with all warranties, a few reasonable conditions do apply.
Please read on:
Damage caused by neglect or misuse of the product is not covered. This includes using the item outside it's recommended limits, or not adhering to the recommended usage guidelines contained within the product user guidelines contained withing the product user guide.
Wear-and-Tear or Expendable parts are not covered. Including but not limited to things like needles, belts, springs, light bulbs, bobbins, bobbin cases, thread cutters and needle plates that will need replacement from time to time.
Approval to return your machine to us under warranty must be granted before you send it because we need to know what the issue is in order to work out the best solution for you.
Refer to our full terms and conditions for more details on this warranty.
When you buy from us, you are accepting these terms and conditions.
At any stage if you have a question, all you need to do is contact us via email and we will respond to you promptly and courteously.
We Are Here for You
We will always do our best to resolve any concerns with a positive outcome.
Want to Know Who We Are
Click Here to Learn More About Us...
Go Ahead And Grab Yourself a Fantastic Deal NOW
And Enjoy Your Next Sewing Adventure!
Still Not Sure? That's Okay.
We understand. Because sometimes it's hard to know if you really want something, right?
Especially when shopping online!
That's why we provide 60 Day Money Back Easy Returns* to support you.
Because we know sewing - but You Know Best :-)
~ 60 Day ~
100% Money Back Guarantee...
Your purchase from us comes with our 60-Day Easy Returns option!*
In the unlikely event if it doesn't work for you in any way, simply contact us. You have sixty (60) days to try things out.
There's no rush. Take your time.
Beacuse we want you to have plenty of time to feel absolutely certain that you're enjoying what you've chosen!
If you're not 100% happy - simply let us know and return the item in brand new condition, including all original packaging intact.
We will send you a full refund (excluding postage) promptly and courteously - No Worries!
Simply Add to Cart Now.
* Looking for the fine print? Check our terms & conditions for details*
Shopping Online is Secure with us!
Just so we can get your item to you ASAP, we ask that you complete payment within 5 working days from committing to buy.
Please let us know by email if you would like to make other arrangements, such as waiting to purchasing other items for combined postage or waiting for pay day.
NOTE: Please use your name with a post code as Bank Reference when making payment. If you have an order reference starting with "N", you can use that one.
IMPORTANT: Because your order is processed promptly once funds are cleared, there won’t be time to make changes to shipping details, So When You Complete Checkout please help us by double checking we have the following:
- Correct Physical Address. Most of the time PO Box is fine, though we may ask you for a physical address if we end up using a courier instead of Aust Post.
- Phone Number for the delivery driver.
- Any Special Delivery Instructions.
Now, Let's Get Your Order On Its Way To You!
How long will it take to receive my order?
All fully paid orders placed by 5pm Monday to Thursday will be processed overnight and ready to send by our warehouse - normally the next day or following business day.
Orders placed on Friday and Weekends will be processed on Sunday night - because our warehouse operates Monday to Friday except Public Holidays.
Once it leaves our warehouse, the actual time frame is up to the delivery services. This can vary depending on your location and road conditions.
Any delivery time estimates shown are estimates only - so please use it as a guide line.
You'll receive a few email updates from our system as your order progresses, so please stay tuned on these!
How will my order be sent?
We use a dispatch system that works out the most efficient way to send your order.
This way the postage works out fair and reasonable, and your parcel reaches you quickly as well - because we know you can't wait!
In general, larger items tend to be delivered by couriers, while small items tend to go by Aust Post.
How is my postage calculated?
Depending on weight and dimension, some times we are able to do Flat Rate across Australia, so the postage is the same no matter where you are.
Other times we use the Built-in Calculated system provided by Aust Post, and your postage is calculated based on YOUR location.
Can I get it delivered to my P.O. Box?
Depends on the item (and its dimensions), because Aust Post have size restrictions and couriers are NOT allowed to deliver to a P.O. Box.
Please check with us when in doubt.
If you have nominated a P.O. box, and the item is within Aust Post size, then it will go by Aust Post. Most of the time, this is the case.
When your item is too big, or being sent directly from our supplier, then we need you to provide a physical address so we can send a courier.
Can I get my order sent to a different delivery address?
Your sure can!
When you check out, you can choose to ship your order to your billing address or a different address.
Simply choose the second option, and then fill in the shipping address of where you want you parcel sent.
Please double check we have Your Correct Address so your order can find its way to you!
What if courier services are not available in my area?
Some locations are outside of courier services....
In these cases we CAN arrange for your order to be deliverd to your local post office.
But please provide us with a street address (street number & name) - even if it is the only Post Office in town - as if it is an office address.
A phone number would help too - this will avoid delays.
What if I need my order urgently?
No worries, we will do our best. Just let us know.
Please give us as much notice as possible - especially for special occasions like birthdays!
In most cases, we CAN arrange an upgrade from Regular Post to Express Post for a little extra.
Please contact us first so we can update your invoice to show the correct amount.
Do you offer combine shipping?
I want to order more than one item...
Sure! Please "Add to Cart" for all the items you want and let the system work it out for you.
If you're unsure, let us know. A quick message is all we need.
Can I pick up my order?
No. Sorry - unless you're picking up furniture directly from our supplier.
Because most of our items are located in a commercial warehouse - with NO public acess.
There is no shop front - because that's how we can pass on the savings to you!
Some useful things you might want to know:
- Combined Shipping - We are happy to combine shipping for multiple purchases based on the combined weight and dimensions of your items, so add what you like to cart as you go, and check out our shop to see what else you like... you never know what you might find!
- All items we sell are Stored in a Clean and Smoke Free Environment so You can Rest Asured they will be In Top Condition when they arrive at your place.
- Packaging & Sending - All your items will be packed well and we do everything we can to make sure you package arrives safely. In the unlikely event something does go wrong with your package, please contact us via email. We do our best to resolve any concerns.
- Prompt Shipping - Your package will be sent to you promptly once payment is cleared. In most cases it will be dispatched the next business day.
- Packaging Materials - We endeavour to support "green policies" and recycle clean packaging materials whenever possible. Brand names on packaging material may not necessarily match the content.
- Combined Shipping - We are happy to combine shipping for multiple purchases based on the combined weight and dimensions of your items, so add what you like to cart as you go, and check out our shop to see what else you like... you never know what you might find!
The Courier Needs Your Phone Number
When you're completing check-out please make sure your best day time phone number is included - because the courier requires a phone number.
Generally they may never ring you - and they tend to just turn up anyway. But their office needs to have your phone number on file for "just-in-case".
If you have any special delivery instructions, please let us know.
It is best to providing these details by sending us a quick message - this means your parcel will be dispatched to you faster.
Because we're here for you.
and your sewing needs.
Sew Much Easier is founded by a sewists, for fellow sewist :-)
We're a surprisingly small team that put a great deal of thoughts into what we do and how we do it. We stock only a handful of curated sewing goodies - each one carefully hand picked and tested ourselves.
Everything we stock only make it to our online store if we absolutlely LOVE them - for our own sewing. Because we're only interested in handing over what YOU would be happy with.
Hi, I'm Shelley.
I confess that I'm a fabric addict. And I love nothing more than geeking out over the ins-and-outs of sewing machines - and all the bits that come with it. Presser feet are my specialty :-)
I've been sharing my passion of sewing all my life - with a career in fashion design and patchwork teaching - and now I serve fellow sewist everywhere by delivering sewing goodies to your door. And that's only the beginning.
Long after your first purchase - whether it's a sewing machine, dressmakers dummy, or some bobbins - we'll be there to celebrate your joy in the simple act of making something by hand.
Simply drop us a line and...
we'll be there whenever you need help. Any time.
P.S. I know you're a savvy shooper. And you understand the value of Buy Well, Buy Once.
Because you want to be 100% confident in the quality of your purchase, so that you can be 100% confident in your sewing!
I'd like to make sure You are 100% Happy - so take your time, take a couple of months - get to know your sewing goodies from us.
And in case you change your mind - No Worries. Because shopping online should be stress-free!
Give it a Go Today. You'll be glad you did. So, Go Ahead!
P.P.S. Join Thousands of Happy Sewists Australia-wide, and be part of our caring creative community. Contact me (Shelley) any time for technical advice or anything sewing related.
Stay in touch - I'm here for you :-)
Last but Not Least...
Remember to send me a photo.
Because I'd LOVE to see Your Work!
Where Are We?
While Melbourne is our home, most of our goodies are kept in a commercial warehouse in Sydney. They aren't open to the public and there's NO shop front.
That means for most items...
We are Not Able to Offer Pick Up.
Instead we provide fast & low cost delivery to your door :-)
The Only Exception is for Furniture - pick up can be arranged from the supplier directly.
Would you like more information on this item?
Can we clarify anything else for you at all?
Please feel free to Call 1300 88 11 59
or Send Us a Message anytime.
Your message will be responded to ASAP, usually within 24 hours and during business hours, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm Australian Eastern Standard time.
In case the phone line is busy - please leave a clear message with your contact number (including area code) and we'll call you back. Cheers!
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Sew Much Easier users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.